• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A little help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bdon24

What is the name of your state? Nevada
Ok, since nobody responded to my first post, maybe I should explain in more detail. My fiance was fired from his job a month ago, he thought, because he accepted a tip from a truck driver for unloading his truck quickly. He just found out yesterday that the HR department decided to fire him because another employee told the warehouse manager that my fiance had demanded tips from truck drivers, and had received tips more than 5 times in excess of 100 dollars each, and had given preference to the drivers that did tip him to unload their trailers first. This is a BLATANT LIE.
Now here is some more backround information. This employee is a lead, my fiance was a SUPERVISOR. he was transferred to this employees department, where previously there had been no supervison. This employee was hostile about the fact that he now had supervision and created a hostile work environment. He did not want my fiance in his area, he was being very territorial, and had not like him since he was hired for the position of supervisor, a position that the hostile employee himself had applied for.
Now, the HR department had never informed my fiance of these allegations, never interviewed any of the truck drivers to find out if it was true that he was demanding tips. They just fired him and didnt mention any of the other allegations, gave him no chance to defend himself, didnt even ask to hear his side of the story, of which there was none since he didnt do anything.
Now, the other thing that we found out is that when employees started asking where he was after he was fired, they had a meeting where they discussed the fact that he was fired and told everyone why he was fired. He didnt do what he was accused of to begin with, and they proceeded to tell his former employees that he did in fact do these things and that he was fired for it. It seems to me that there are several legal issues here that he could build a defamation/slander case on. Any suggestions, comments?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, the first piece of advice I have for you is to hold your flippin' horses. This is a volunteer board. Everyone who responds here does so on their own time. You posted late on a Friday afternoon at the beginning of a holiday weekend. There's no need to get snippy because no one has responded an hour later.

I responded to your first post. Nothing in your second post changes any of my answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">