• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LLP ready to dissolve , and wasnt a LLC in the first place

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tommyz1052

What is the name of your state?NY
I am a young physician, an employee with a contract up in april 2005 , recruited at below market salary into a medical practice that was supposed to be a LLP or LLC. One of the partners (So called) admitted that he wants to leave and dissolve the practice of 3 partners. Apparently no practice aggreement was ever signed due to someone's negligence and preceded my arrival by 5 years. The practice attorney wishes to just dissolve the practice as no agreement was signed. I am in the middle. The anxiety is unbeleviable in working inside a sinking ship. Especially when your salary was going towards a "BUY IN", "SWEAT EQUITY", im severly underpaid but it was in leiu of becoming a partner one day.
Again I am a employee, my contract states that the agreement is nullified under terms of mutual agreement, and or Dissolution of the Corporation or practice. Is 3 months of lawyer visits about the issues enough for me to leave without retaliation? Also can I use the same reason this partner is using to get a 1/3 of the LLP without a challenge , in saying my contract is void as the corporation doesnt exist? I am working when they are fighting and im tired of killing myself for no future. My question is, if I know the store is closing can i quit. And or they obligated to allow me time to find employment, use my vacation time etc?

Last edited:

Beth3

Doc, only an attorney who has reviewed the specific terms of your employment contract can advise you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">