• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lodging rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

acts6v8

What is the name of your state? CA

Hello. I will probably get fired from my job on Friday. I am an apartment manager and lodging is included in my pay. How long does the law allow for me to move out of my apartment? May I stay in my apartment--has a month to month lease been established? I have no written lease agreement. Currently I am being charged about $1250/mo for my apartment. I would prefer to stay at my apartment (even if I have to pay rent) until I find another job.

L

loocpoc

The complex owners will most likely allow you to sign a lease to keep your apartment as long as you meet the required criteria for leasing. You will most likely be required to pay the monthly rent and the other expenses required.

My question to you is, why stay at a place that fired you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">