• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking to get fired..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Plib0810

What is the name of your state? Maryland
I was hired as a Business Developement Manager, the position was 100% commission with a guarentee for the 1st 4 months.
I started with the company Nov. 5th, 3 weeks later the person who hired learned his position was going away (so he no longer cared what happened to me). New Management came into place Jan. 1st, things were such a mess that it took Management 2 months to find time to meet with me. At that time I was informed that I probably wouldn't get paid in March, and that I probably wouldn't make it in this position (and if I did I would not make much money). At this meeting the manager also asked if she got me a severance package would I take it....So this past Monday she calls me and gives me information about someone who might be looking to hire at another company. Now management tells me they can't offer me a severance. This job didn't work not because of effort on my part, but due to horrible management and horrible service. This has caused bad stress and frustration, and it's starting to really effect me. So I am currently waiting for them to fire me for lack of production, but this can take up to 60 days.

Do I have any options...my question, if I ask them to fire me can I claim unemployment? I don't want to just quit, because I need to be able to get unemployment benefits just to survive.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's very, very doubtful. Asking them to fire you is no different from quitting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">