• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost of Employent due to Security Clearance (LOJ)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwilson78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland.

I really dont know what type of Law help I should be looking for. This is basically what happen, My company told me I was terminated due to my Clearance being lost or proper terminology is Loss of Jurisdiction. The management told me my clearance was loss back in 2009, but I find that hard to believe since that was the date it was given to me from my previous employer who gave me the clearance.

I called the previous employer who gave me the clearance and they are telling me the current ex-employer never took my clearance after I was hired and they verified my clearance was active when I left them.

I have hiring documents stating the company would be maintaining my clearance. I believed I was lied too and they never had the chance to hold my clearance. Can anyone give me any free advice or point me to the right lawyer?

jiggy78

Your termination was not unlawful. There is nothing for you to contact a lawyer about.

Sounds like you haven't needed your clearance to do your job since 2009. Why would you expect your employer to go through the effort and expense of transferring it? It's possible your job duties changed once you were hired or it turns out you didn't need to be cleared after all to do your job. Perhapes they hired you with the expectation you would be moved into a job which requires a clearance but then for some reason that did not happen. Either way there is nothing for you to sue for.

File for unemployment while you look for a new job.

jwilson78

Your termination was not unlawful. There is nothing for you to contact a lawyer about.

Sounds like you haven't needed your clearance to do your job since 2009. Why would you expect your employer to go through the effort and expense of transferring it? It's possible your job duties changed once you were hired or it turns out you didn't need to be cleared after all to do your job. Perhapes they hired you with the expectation you would be moved into a job which requires a clearance but then for some reason that did not happen. Either way there is nothing for you to sue for.

File for unemployment while you look for a new job.
Im sorry are you just guessing your way through here? Because it was part of the job/hire contract for them to maintained the clearance. Please Im looking for professional advice not for kids to use this for some drama feeding.

If anyone know or what I should do or a good lawyer I would appreciate it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What many people believe to have been a contract is not. (And I am not guessing about this.) All contracts are agreements but not all agreements are contracts. Has it been confirmed by counsel that you have a contract and not an agreement?

Any general practice lawyer should be able to look at the document you claim is a contract and tell you for certain whether it is or not.

If it is, that same lawyer will be able to tell you your remedies. If you have any at all.

If it is not, then you have no cause of action since in the absence of a legally binding and enforceable contract (not a general employment agreement but a contract) your termination was legal.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Im sorry are you just guessing your way through here? Because it was part of the job/hire contract for them to maintained the clearance. Please Im looking for professional advice not for kids to use this for some drama feeding.

Ahhh, you seem to feel you have an employment contract. Please take your contract (and attitude) to a local employment law attorney for review.

Good day.

jwilson78

Ahhh, you seem to feel you have an employment contract. Please take your contract (and attitude) to a local employment law attorney for review.

Good day.
cant expect from ass's treating legal matters like child games, how about going back to school and treating other people real life matters like a game.

get a life

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If what you have is genuinely a contract, the ONLY proper answer from a message board is, show it to an attorney. We cannot assess the enforceabilty or the remedies available under a contract we have not read.

If what you have is not a contract, you've made it clear that you aren't going to pay any attention to anyone who doesn't tell you to take legal action, so why should we waste our time? There are other posters here who are more willing to listen; why shouldn't we spend our time on them?

jiggy78

Oh I see. So anybody who doesn't give you the advice you want to hear doesn't know what they are talking about. Got it. :D

I highly doubt you truly have an employment contract but by all means you may take it to an attorney for review.

In the meantime file for unemployment.

cant expect from ass's treating legal matters like child games, how about going back to school and treating other people real life matters like a game.
Except you don't have a legal matter. What you have is an entirely lawful termination.

And what about your responsibility in all this? Did you not think that once in the last 3 years that maybe it might have been a good idea to check with your FSO to confirm your clearance had been transferred? You dropped the ball big time. You should have taken better care of things important to you. It's a hard lesson to learn but nobody in life is looking out for you but you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">