• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lost money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

radani

What is the name of your state?ohio
I got into a verbal argument with a 2 security guards at my job and ended up using profane language. When called into the office i thought i was going to get in trouble for cursing but was told that i was being put on suspension without pay until further notice with possible termination, all because the security guard said i "shoved" him out of my way to gain entrance to the hospital where i work. HOWEVER, after i said that wasn't true and requested something to be done. i was brought back to work after 5 days because after further discussion with the guard they determined i didn't shove him. they are refusing any back pay and my suspenion for insuboardnation will stay on my record. shouldn't my file be changed and what about all that money i lost. is the guard liable in any way for lying?

Bdon24

That doesnt seem fair

Since they reveiwed the incident and found that you werent guilty of doing what you were accused of, that should not remain on your record. The suspension without pay is at the discretion of the company though, they can suspend you without pay pending an investigation, even if the investigation comes out in your favor, I dont think there is anything you can do to get the pay from those days.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is nothing illegal about allowing the insubordination record to stand or about allowing the suspension to remain unpaid. You could have gotten that much of a disciplinary action for cursing, which you admit to doing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">