• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LSD induced? (termination)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PIASH007

What is the name of your state? CA

My 19yo son was on 3 month contract with a huge software company. He was very good and the contract was extended for another 3 month.
He was terminated before the end of 3 months in Dec, never was given a good reason.
Now he found out that one co-worker put LSD in his coffee 2 times ( several ex-coworkers confirmed it) and his behaviour was erratic those 2 days. Thus termination.
He got excellent recommendation letter from his boss, but still can't get over it - severe depression etc.
Can anything be done against this employee and the company?
(I learnt LSD doesn't show up in tests) He is not doing drugs so didn't figure out what was wrong, just thought he was going crazy.:(

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
He may have a claim against the employee, but not the employer. Terming him was not illegal under the circumstances, regardless of whether he took the substance of his own accord or not.

He should speak to a local attorney.

Beth3

Also - has he called his former boss and informed him about the situation? If not, he should do so immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">