• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying on a job application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hiyakitten

What is the name of your state? Ohio

If I did not put that I have a felony in the state of Ohio on my job application can I get fired if they find out? Also is there any reason I cannot become a manager if I have a felony on my record?

Thank you to all who reply.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hiyakitten said:

If I did not put that I have a felony in the state of Ohio on my job application can I get fired if they find out? Also is there any reason I cannot become a manager if I have a felony on my record?

My response:

I always hire felons for my office. It gives my other employees something to wonder about, and fear! Who knows whether I've hired a murderer, or a heroine distributor, etc. However, felons always make good choices for managerial positions - - it gives my other employees someone to look up to and emulate.

IAAL

stevek3

hiyakitten said:

Martha, isn't that new satellite radio gig working out for you?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you lie on your application and say you do not have a felony on your record when you do, you're darned tootin' you can get fired if they find out. The same goes for ANY lie on your application, be it a lie of commission or a lie of omission. What's more, in most if not all states, if you are fired for falsifying your application, you don't get unemployment.

Whether or not you can become a manager with a felony on your record is entirely up to your employer. Nothing in the law either forbids nor requires it.

Beth3

If I did not put that I have a felony in the state of Ohio on my job application can I get fired if they find out? You can count on being fired when they find out.

Also is there any reason I cannot become a manager if I have a felony on my record? That's entirely up to your employer.

hiyakitten

Thank you

Thank you CBG and Beth3 for giving me actually answers and not just random sarcasm. You have been helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">