• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying manager

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel2264

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have been working at a restaurant for almost 11 years. I used to work 5 days a week, but have recently cut down to two, then one day a week. (for the past year) I have never missed a day without getting it covered myself. I always go through the proper channels. I had some dentist appointments scheduled on two Fridays in a row the last 2 weeks, which I covered with one girl.
That first Friday afternoon, I get an EMAIL (yes, email!) from the manager, saying that business is slow, and they are eliminating my shift. That when business picks up, and she could afford to add the 3rd server back on, she would call me to see if I was still available.
Well, I have friends still working there and they have all confirmed that there have been 3 servers working both of those Fridays. Also, she called the girl who had agreed to cover those shifts, telling her that she didn't have to work. She then proceeded to get someone else to work and apparently has just GIVEN my shift to her. Not sure there is anything legally I can do, but this is not right. She out and out lied and I have the proof. Anyting I can do? Not sure who I would report it to.
Also, one of the girls working there said she was asked to come in on a Friday night to "train" for an event they have every month...but was told they couldn'ty afford to pay her for training. This is a young girl and I think she is being taken advantage of. She needs the job so she just puts up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">