• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

malicious reference

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

striker

My previous boss is being vindictive when asked for a reference I was not fired and never had a any disciplinary action taken against me-he is upset because I quit-what can I do to make him stop I also found out that when i did get another position he contacted my current employer and as a result I was fired
all i was told was that they had received new data on me and that was why i was being terminated. I just want to get another position without having to worry about him retaliating against me

L

lawrat

if you gave your previous employer permission to make comments by way of getting a reference letter and/or you give permission to the new employer to contact your previous employer, then you really dont have much. as long as they only commented on your work skills and not your unrelated stuff, you have no case.

www.attorneypages.com

S

striker

I did not give him permission to contact my current employer-he called them-not the other way around.

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">