• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manipulating Inventory for Tax Purposes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glenj

I have been at my employer for 2.5 yrs.The first three months that I was there,they had me manipulate my inventory figures to a lower amount for their Tax purposes.I did it,knowing it was wrong,but didnt want to stir the pot at my new found job.I have documentation from the owner telling me to reduce inventory figures.I changed the amounts to the tune of $ 50,000.They have no idea that I even am thinking about this.My question is,should I report
them,or do I have any recourse,as they are tightening the screws on me,making me work on saturdays,added sales position to my title without compensation.Im just really sick of the games they are playing,I need leverage if I decide to quit or get fired,so that I can at least draw unemployment benefit as i have a big family.I also know that they threw away alot of inventory(new stuff)at their home office to keep from paying taxes on.I also feel they will ask me to do this again this year.They want me to do their dirty work,I do believe.Someone please respond,thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">