• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

may have misquoted someone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tellthetruth

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

As a customer I had what I consider to be an unethical and rude intraction with a person that works for a well known business. I emailed the business about the interaction which it was true that the worker was rude and unethical but after reading back what I had emailed I realize that I may have misquoted the worker. I no longer think they said that specific quote although they were extremely rude. First, I feel bad that I may have misquoted them because I know that justice would prevail without my embellishing anything. Second, I worry about legal implications. What can I do?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

As a customer I had what I consider to be an unethical and rude intraction with a person that works for a well known business. I emailed the business about the interaction which it was true that the worker was rude and unethical but after reading back what I had emailed I realize that I may have misquoted the worker. I no longer think they said that specific quote although they were extremely rude. First, I feel bad that I may have misquoted them because I know that justice would prevail without my embellishing anything. Second, I worry about legal implications. What can I do?
E-mail and correct your mis-quote.

Betty

Agree, send another e-mail stating that you now believe you misquoted what the employee said.

eerelations

So, you're worried about getting sued, but you're not worried about someone losing his/her job due to your mistake?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">