• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

maybe fired for allegations for copying of clients files

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tamikaj

What is the name of your state? I live in New Jersey. I 'm being retaliated by my supervisor. There was an investigation going on at the job for some unethical issues being done by supervisor by HR. I answer the question honestly to HR thinking it was in confident. After the i talked to them the supervisor thought I made the initial call. A week later I was being written up for medication errors and call-out procedure and other false issues. I didn't sign the write up and called the unethical hotline and HR because my supervisor told me because i didn't sign their will be more to come . I wrote a rebuttal which HR manager said I could write. I had evidents to back up my rebuttal which was copy of two pages of the communicationlog between staff and a email that was left laying around the office. I fAXed it to HR friday morning. Monday @ 6pm the director came and said it was told to him I was copying clients files. Do I have anything to give to him. I said no the only thing I used was faxed to HR. So he put me on adminstrative leave which was tuesday and wednesday my days off. Thursday today HR called and told me to meet with her @ 4pm. I asked if I was being paid For the leave she said if I'm not guilty of COpying Clients Files. This company is knew to stop former employee from getting unemployment benifits.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then you'd better hurry up and ask a question. We don't know what it is you want to know.

I can think of at least three questions you might want the answer to and I don't know which one you're concerned about; I don't have time to answer questions no one wants the answer to.

Tamikaj

Do I need a lawyer?

Can I be fired for allegation with no proof?

Can they stop me from getting unemployment?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
1. Since they have violated no laws, I don't know what a lawyer would do.

2.) Yes.

3.) Your employer does not decide whether you get unemployment or not. The state does. Your employer has the same right to contest your benefits as you would/will have to appeal a decision that goes against you, but the state, not your employer, will make the final decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">