• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical assistants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beverlyf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nevada
can a felon work as a certified medical assistant in the state of nevada, if they have graduated from an accredited college and hired through externship?

pattytx

If medical assistants need to be licensed by the state (I honestly don't know since I have no experience in this industry), contact the licensing board and ask them.

It may also depend on what type of felony you were convicted of. For example, if it was assault or other crimes against a person, I wouldn't hire you. If it was burglary, maybe.

csi7

The license requirement covers the felony issue specifically. The certification requirement also covers the felony issue specifically. In order to be licensed, the person's request includes the information about the felony. It is up to the examining board to decide whether or not the person is eligible to be licensed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">