• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical evaluation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fresco

What is the name of your state? MN

Pre-employment medical questionnaire asks if I am a pregnant female.
Can this question be asked?
What can this be used for?

JUSTCURIOUS

seems like discimination, They are not allowed to ask if you are gay or lesbian, what gives them the right to ask if you are pregnant?

justalayman

JUSTCURIOUS said:
seems like discimination, They are not allowed to ask if you are gay or lesbian, what gives them the right to ask if you are pregnant?
Gay or lesbianism does not affect their medical bills (as something itself)

Or since you didn't say what kind of job this is, maybe there are conditions not conducive to the babies health.

seniorjudge

JUSTCURIOUS said:
Obviously it is discrimination.

It's not illegal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They are allowed to ask the question.

They are not allowed to use the information in making the hiring decision.

If you want my personal opinion, it's stupid of them to ask, because if they don't ask, they can't be accused of using the information illegally. But asking is not in and of itself illegal.

And yes, they can ask if you are gay or a lesbian. Federal law does not protect sexual orientation; if you are in a state that does protect it, the same answer as above would apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">