• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Info revealed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amandameow

What is the name of your state?PA
My employer found out that I have a noncontagious form of menengitis. She requested that I have my doctor fax her a letter stating that I was not contagious. That was done and she preceeded to disclose what my doctor wrote on the fax and discuss me to my coworkers at a staff meeting. A fellow staff member kept saying that it was unfair to discuss me, but she kept telling everyone what was in my medical records. I complained to her boss, the CEO and she told me to file a complaint with my supervisor, the person I was complaining about! When I did this, my supervisor put me on suspension for insubordiantion. What should I do???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Amanda, how did your employer find out about your medical condition? This is very important and makes a difference to what, if any, options you have.

amandameow

Originally they found out about the illness through coworkers, who I told. I wasn't angry about that. I was upset that they divulged information that NO one knew about that was faxed to them by my physician. The information that I had the disease wasn't a big deal to me. When she quoted my docotor's fax, I was upset. Also, my supervisor initiated this conversation at a staff meeting without any prompting from my coworkers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">