• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mental illness termination question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ebillington

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois. I have been working in healthcare management For the same company without incident for 3 years. I have been under the care of a psychiatrist for 8 months and required hospitilization for six weeks six months ago. My employer was very understanding and actually promoted me since the hospitilzation. My employer was also very supportive with my ongoing therapy during work hours frequently 3-4 times a week. In December I experienced what I now know was a dissassiciative disorder during which I believed that my mother had died. I took three days off of work and I lost time entirely and had no recollection of that time. Up until Monday of this week I believedthat my mother was dead. On Monday I was asked by my employer to speak to human resources. Upon arrival I was notified that they had received a call on the corporate compliance line anonymously that stated that my mother was alive and active on facebook. The lady in hr said that she hated to do it but had to ask me totake leave of abscence until I couldproduce death certificate. I was floored as I believed her to be dead. Throughvery intensive therapy I have discovered that she is alive and in coordination withmy psychiatrist evaluating my reditcard statements prove that i drove to Minnesota and I don't remember any of it. My question is can I be terminated? Even with the ongoing knowledge and employer support of my mental illness and in light of myvery recent promotion? My physicianand psychiatrist are attemting to set up meeting withmy employer

ecmst12

It doesn't look like you have used up all your FMLA time, so hopefully with documentation from your doctor this will all be considered FMLA leave and so protected.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">