• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military ADA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CrisB

I am a 27 year old woman who has just been dismissed from the Massachusetts Air Force Reserve. I was removed from service because I had missed Drills, failed my skills tests, they say I was on drugs (althought these were prescribed) and that I communicated a threat (when I mentioned that the next one of my men who stalked me would be maced). However, these things occurred because I was suffering from PTSD, agoraphobia and paranoid ideation as a result of being stalked, and dealing with sexual traumas on base, both in regard to myself and to other younger women.
I was diagnosed while in, and in therapy as well, so I have more than enough documentation to prove a disability claim. However, I was thrown out so quickly, and was so disabled at the time, that I did not think to bring these things up, I just wanted OUT for my own safety.
I have been told by the VA that I do not count as a veteran, and can receive no benefits. The military will not take responsibilty for what happened to me, or to other females.
I need help, both to file a disability claim, and to assist me with possibly bringing my persecutors to justice. It is extremely unfair that the military threw me away when I was medically unfit...i had even requested time off, and the doctors knew I was not well and in treatment. How can any of this be fair to me?????
PLEASE HELP

L

loku

You might have a claim against them if you are disabled and you can prove the disability was caused on base while you were in the course of your duties. Otherwise, the only claim you could have against them would be if they violated their own regulations in dealing with you. I suggest you get a copy of the regulations and look that up. For the regulations, go to http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/regulations/.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">