• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minimum hours required

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

douge36

What is the name of your state?
I just moved from Wa. state to Wyoming to take a job. Now I knew that the company was offering as much over time as I can handle. Thats good, but I don't want the over time. I am happy with the reg. pay at 40 hours per week and per dium.
Our work week consists of 4-10's M-T and 1-8hr. day on Fri. Am I required by wyoming state law to do more than the 40 hours (4-10's) per week. Can I refuse the 1 eight hour day on Friday? Is there a posted law somewhere I can take to my employer and request to not have to do this extra time?

C

CheeseBlotto

Unless under a contract stating otherwise, it's the employer's call on how many hours the employee works.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Am I required by wyoming state law to do more than the 40 hours (4-10's) per week.

In all 50 states, you are required to work the hours your employer wants you to work. Nothing in the law of any state requires an employer to limit your hours to 40 in a week.

Can I refuse the 1 eight hour day on Friday?

Not if you want to keep your job. If your employer fires you for refusing the extra hours, it will be entirely legal.

Is there a posted law somewhere I can take to my employer and request to not have to do this extra time?

No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">