• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIOSHA case pending

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lindseyup67

What is the name of your state?Michigan

I was a cashier at _______ for just over 6 years.I am non union member and was making $10.85 at time of termination.My suit involving MIOSHA is regarding a new policy that one of the store managers decided to implement, that we were no longer allowed to have water at our register (even though it states in corporate policy that we can) and are allowed only 1 restroom break per shift, you need to punch out and get off the clock in order to use the restroom a second time, etc.The MIOSHA lady found that it is ilegal to force someone to punch out to use the restroom.No one else was terminated. I had a raise review approx. 3 weeks prior to my termination, and at that time, NOTHING deragatory was noted, and my raise was approved. This is the companys forum, twice a year, to tellyou/list the problems they may have with your job performance.After my raise review, I was written up once with another co-worker for discussing my "dislike" of this new policy, and the second time I was written up, I was also terminated.
The reasons they listed for me being fired were absences, unsatisfactory work habits, and disrupting work flow. These are basically B.S., and were disproved to the satisfaction of the MIOSHA lady.However, they are now dragging out my ability to collect unemployment. I have appealed that decision, as it is bogus, and read on another site that I am wasting my time requesting a redetermination, and should request a hearing before a MESC referee, which I shall be doing on Monday.
So it does appear that a settlement will be reached with ______ and MIOSHA, and they they are in fact in violation. My question ,to the best of your knowledge, do I HAVE to take my job back if offered(how comfortable would I be working amongst those that I brought a suit against?) , and are there any other recourses I can take legal wise, i.e. pain and suffering, defamation of character, etc. Thanks you for your time regarding this! Lindsey

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">