• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misconduct by recruiter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zfigment

I am an engineer working in Florida who is in the process of voluntarily changing jobs. I have been working with several technical recruiters and most have been great. One firm arranged an interview for a dream position. The recruiter had advertised the position as a "contract to hire job". Before the interview I had verbally discussed that I wanted a permanent position but would look at contract positions if that was the only way into the company. I have never met the recruiter nor have I filled out any forms or signed any contracts.

I received an outstanding offer from the company. It was relayed to me through the recruiter as a 6 month contract followed by the opportunity to roll into permanent. Being curious I pressed for details in writing and eventually discovered that the offering company wanted me as permanent UP FRONT and had offered such. The recruiter told the Fortune 10 company that "I" wanted a contract position.

The recruiter would earn $10/hr for any labor I did under contract. He would also be eligible for an award if I rolled over. I see this as an attempt to defraud the large company and the Hiring manager agreed with me.

At this point I backed away from both parties to let them fight it out. But I really want the job and I have a manager that wants me to work for him. I realize that there are lots of contracts both verbal and written involved. I am loosing time and time is opportunity.. Could I bring this slimy double-dipping recruiter to task for breach of faith?

Used & abused in Florida.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">