• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing work because of another driver!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wannaman55

What is the name of your state?Arkansas
:mad: I do redeliveries for a newspaper here in Arkansas, the other day I was on my way to do one and a driver hit me from behind. She told me her brakes locked up on the wet road. My car is only damaged slightly on the bumper and it is still totally driveable. As a result and I was told it was standard procedures I had to go take a drug test and I cant go back to work until the results come back in, I don't do drugs of course, never have, never will. I'm also afraid this tyrant of a boss is going to use this as an opportunity to fire me. And this is all because of another stupid driver on the road. What can I do? :mad:

Beth3

Take the drug test and see what happens.

Many employers have mandatory testing policies any time a worker's comp injury is reported or an employee is involved in a vehicular accident while on company business. If the test comes back negative, then you very likely have nothing to worry about.

C

CheeseBlotto

The tyrant boss doesn't need an excuse to fire you. In an at-will state (which yours is), he can fire you for any reason or for no reason at all. Take the test, pass it, and go back to work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">