• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

monies due from termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

b.brown14

georgia
my job was terminated and i was promised 44 hours vacation pay even though i had 84 hours due. only received 28 hours vacation pay. medical insurance withheld from last check by mistake. promised a reimbursement check within one week. two weeks have passed. officials of company will not respond to mail or e-mail. i have promise of vacation pay and reimbursement check in writing and signed by officials of the company.

J

JW8

your case is interesting. my first question to you is did you sign a legal document stating your agreement to accept 44 hours of vacation instead of 84? next vacation pay is not mandatory, it is only mandatory when it is included in a employment contract that you will receive vacation pay or a collective bargaining agreement for unions. if you have a agreement that states these things and proof of youor time for vacation call your state department of labor and speak with a representative there to evaluate your claim. if they feel your previous employer is in violation they may have you file a complaint that will be investigated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">