• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

more than one offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

offerchoice

What is the name of your state?
VA

I got an offer via email and accepted it via email. A couple days later, I got another offer which is better than the previous one. Can I accept more than one offer at the same time? Is it legal if accepted an offer then I decided not to go before the starting date? Will the company sue me?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm assuming you have not signed a contract with the first company.

Yes, you may accept the second offer as long as you notify the first company that you have changed your mind and will not be coming to work for them after all. No, they will not sue you.

offerchoice

Thank you.

Thank you. What a relief.
Is email offer considered a legal contract? Or only the written paper offer considered a legal document?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
An offer letter, regardless of whether it comes by e-mail or in writing, seldom if ever reaches the standard of a contract at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">