• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Most Bizzare Case????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sajoc52

What is the name of your state? Florida

This is only for the most experienced attorneys in the country.

As a radio guy, I was contacted on July 16th, 2005 about a postion with a new Talk Radio Network starting in TN. Three other radio professionals were also contacted after responding to an ad in a major radio classified site. We all thought it sounded great and all of us (from San Francisco to Florida) accepted the positions offered. We had a conference call July 23rd where everything was again spelled out in detail for all 4 of us to hear at the same time.

We all received our LOI (Letter of Intent) reiterating the same details we were told on the conference call. Were told on several occasions that the contracts were going out from the law offices in AK.

Movers would be contacting us soon also.

We all packed and readied to move. Sold homes and were told to be there (TN) at least one week before the launch date. (September 1st, 2005)

The date neared and no movers called. No contract arrived. After repeated phone calls and e-mails. NO response from the man we all had talked to ever came. We talked to a "right hand man" assitant and he said, "I know how you feel and you are justified," but NO response from the main guy!

We and our wives have quit jobs and now are "scrambling" to recover our lives back and find employment. This affected 4 families and is the most unbelieveable event ever to happen to me or the other guys.

WHAT CAN WE LEGALLY DO TO RECOVER FINANCIALLY FROM THIS NIGHTMARE? We have a LOI, a Corporation listing in AK and names of people we spoke to and phone number in TN.

Would an attorney be able to sue on our behalf to recover damages which are extensive now?

Thanks for the help to all those who answer this!

Stunned in Florida

Last edited:

pattytx

I thought about not answering this at all, because I do not fit the qualifications stated at the beginning of the post.

But, geez, OP, you're pretty picky about who you get FREE advice from. :rolleyes:

Beth3

This is only for the most experienced attorneys in the country. News flash: the most experienced attorneys in the country are billing at God-knows-what per hour and they sure aren't hanging around here.

You don't need one of those guys anyway. Contact a local employment law attorney and ask whether you have a claim for detrimental reliance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">