• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eric1z

What is the name of your state?il
I was wondering can you job keep your last check to help repay moving expenses . I did agree to pay them if I left the company before 18 months. But can they keep my last check?

pattytx

Very likely not. Did you agree to just "repay" it or did the agreement call for deduction from your final check? There may be a difference in the result. Call the IL Dept. of Labor.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In my state, and I believe most if not all others, they are required to pay you no less than minimum wage times the number of hours you worked. Whether or not they can deduct the moving expenses from the final check is situation and state specific, but they cannot withhold your entire check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">