• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

glenfish

I have had a 12 month contract which expired over 12 months ago. As it has expired can I be terminated now without notice or do I now have an implied contract as it was not renewed?

Do the conditions of my contract still apply even if the contract has expired ?

Antigone*

I have had a 12 month contract which expired over 12 months ago. As it has expired can I be terminated now without notice or do I now have an implied contract as it was not renewed?

Do the conditions of my contract still apply even if the contract has expired ?
What state are you in?

glenfish

mr

sorry, new to this, I am in Australia. I realise the laws may be different across the world but any advice would be appreciated

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since the laws ARE different, and since no one here knows Australian law, the only advice we can give you is to show all the appropriate documentation to an Australian lawyer.

In the US, unless the contract specified that it automatically renewed, once it's expired, it's expired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">