• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

louvenia4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

I was recently told by my supervisor that they smell acoholo on my breath after coming to work that morning. she then call police and they took me to be tested which was positive. I then was seen by administrative and they placed me on administrative paid leave. I am pending a hearing. I do have a union rep. I do have many health issues which have kept me off work alot. also, my supervisor had called me into her office a week ago and told me that the budget will be cut next year and there will be only one person in the office instead of two. I would like to know how to respond in writing to show good cause and give evidence as to why I should not be dismissed? Can you help me.:confused:

louvenia4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

I was recently told by my supervisor that they smell acoholo on my breath after coming to work that morning. she then call police and they took me to be tested which was positive. I then was seen by administrative and they placed me on administrative paid leave. I am pending a hearing. I do have a union rep. I do have many health issues which have kept me off work alot. also, my supervisor had called me into her office a week ago and told me that the budget will be cut next year and there will be only one person in the office instead of two. I would like to know how to respond in writing to show good cause and give evidence as to why I should not be dismissed? Can you help me.:confused:
$40.00 to be paid with online check. don't have credit card.

Isis1

i'm sorry. but showing up to work with alcohol on your breathe was not a smart move on your part.

you can be fired for it.

you can argue that you've never been rehab, you can argue that you have never been convicted of a DUI, that you've never been cited or arreated for anything alcohol related, you can argue you've never been written up since employed there, you can argue your excellent work history. given that it's all fact.

but how do you explain why they shouldn't keep the other person instead?

You showed up to work after drinking. You can't show good cause or give good evidence as to why you shouldn't be terminated. Someone is going to lose a job and if there are only 2 people the other person you work with would have to do something pretty stupid to get fired instead of you. On top of showing up to work after drinking you presumably were guilty of drunk driving regardless of a lack of criminal prosocution for it since most people drive to work. I'd start brushing up my resume if I were you.

eerelations

Why did the police come? Simply having alcohol on one's breath is not a criminal offense...is there more to this story?

Hot Topic

What kind of evidence can you provide that will outweigh your showing up to work after drinking? None.

They may suspect that some of your "many health issues" are related to your drinking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">