• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My background check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kodiak129

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ND

I recently just applied for a new job and they did a background check on me. I disclosed my petty misdemeanor to them before they sent it in and they said not to worry about it. I have a petty misdemeanor for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia from the end of November 2011.

I got a phone call from work, which said that I am "not competitive" and that I will not be hired. They said that the company will mail me out a copy so I can see why I failed my background check.

All it says is:
National Access Search = Clear
Sex Offender Registry Check = Clear
Social Security Trace = Informational
Score Report - County Record = **Not Competitive**
Score Report - Trace = Competitive
County Record Check = Clear

I've tried googling, calling my employer and calling the background check company and I can't get any answer. Can someone please inform me what a county record score report is? My employer says to call the background check company and the background check company says call my employer because they give them all the standards. Oh and this is Wal-mart by the way. I find it hard to believe that a petty misdemeanor for a pipe in my car (NO DRUGS) is stopping me from being hired at Wal-mart.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">