• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Boss fired me.. What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zero18

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have been a top producer for the sales deparment for the past three years. Not a single complaint against me. My employer assumed that I was aware about another employee conducting personal business on company time, who had just given a two month notice of leaving the job. Four days later we were both terminated. My employer told me that I chose my friendship with a co-worker over the loyalty of her business. She told fellow employees that if I would have apologized to her I could have kept my job. I also told her two weeks ago I was pregnant. Do i Have a case against her and the company to get my job back or to sue them?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you were fired because you did not tell them about the co-worker who was violating company policy, that is LEGAL.

If you were fired because you are pregnant, that is ILLEGAL.

But considering that there is a legal and legitimate reason to fire you that is unrelated to your pregnancy, I think you'll have a very hard time proving wrongful termination.

zero18

What if I didnt know what the other employee was doing? I was just accused of knowing by my boss who fired me.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Doesn't matter. If they believe you did, they can legally fire you, even if they are mistaken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">