• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My boss is such a weasel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bolognus

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York
I was Teaching and training blackjack dealers at a career center school here in ny. The weasel (my boss) and I originally agreed that i would be paid $20 an hour. The first month I recieved $10 an hour. The second month I recieved $18 an hour. All the while, the weasel kept coming with excuses why he could not yet honor our original deal. Since I am a poker dealer by trade, the weasel and I had discussed teaching poker. Last thursday I got the weasel to honor our original deal at $20 an hour for teaching blackjack. I informed him at that time that I could not run his poker class for less than $25 an hour. On friday the weasel called me on the phone and fired me. The very next day after agreeing to honor our original deal the weasel fires me. Over the fricken phone! He said it was because poker was ruining his blackjack school and the only way to correct it was to fire me...........? Huh? I have over 10 years poker experience, recently filmed a national poker infomercial, and had every student in that school itching to pay the weasel $600 a person for the poker class and he is firing me? Over the phone! I recently found out he has hired a new poker teacher. Evidence that the weasel just didnt want to pay me what we agreed. I was a great teacher and a compliment to the weasels business. I turned down 2 other higher paying jobs to take this one.
Can anyone tell me how to inflict a swift brand of justice?

Last edited:

pattytx

Yep. Short of a valid contract concerning pay and term of employment, an employer is free to fire an employer at any time for any reason that is not prohibited by law. The reason given is not and you have no legal case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">