• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my contract still valid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

openmind

A friend handed in a letter of resignation to the Human Resource Office for me on July 10, 2001. I am a teacher. I have taught for this school system for 13 years. Due to unfortunate circumstances, including failure to sale my home, I decided not to move out of state. I have my letter from the Human Resouce Department. It states that they acknowlege receiving my resignation on July 10, 2001. It also states that it will be presented to the School Board for approval on August 30,2001.
Do I still have a job? I went back and told the superintendant about my predicament. He sent me the head of placement. She is on vacation for a week. Should I write a letter rescinding my resignation? Do I still have a job? I am In Indiana.

L

loku

The question is not so much whether you still have a job as whether you can rescind the resignation, and that depends on the terminology you used in your resignation and on the regulations of the Board of Education. However, in any case, it would be advisable to write the letter you suggest, rescinding your resignation. If it does actually rescind the resignation, you have the job. If it does not, no harm done. Also, see the head of placement when she gets back from vacation. It sounds like they are willing to work with you on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">