• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My employer hasn't paid my wages and expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Catal

I am employed by a small company in Dallas,Texas (I work from home in another state) who is having financial difficulties. I have not received a paycheck for three months or travel expense
reimbursements dating back to 2/01. I am told this is because of
nonpayment of an invoice by our last major client (which I did the
actual work for). I have been extremely worried since he has stopped contacting me, but hasn't notified me of any change in my employment status (even though he has insisted in the past that I would be paid). I am afraid to leave the company since he owes me quite a lot of money. I am sending in a Dept. of Labor complaint form, but I am wondering if there is anything else I can do to ensure I get paid what is owed me.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Catal

L

lawrat

Sounds like a phone call to a labor attorney would be appropriate at this point in time.

lawyers do tend to be able to get your money owed without filing paperwork.

www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">