• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My employer is like the National Mafia!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DL11

What is the name of your state? OHIO

Repeatedly, when I call Corporate (Headquarters is located in PA) HR Dept. to get approval to demote, fire, or suspend employees who totally disregard all care for their job performance and corporate policies, I am first asked, "Are they
black?" If the answer is yes, they then tell me, "You have to have a mound of write-ups/evidence before you can proceed with any action". I, on the other hand, being a white male (age 38 with 12 yrs experience) have been demoted twice now without ANY write-ups or counseling (I have never even received an employee evaluation or raise in 2 years of employment, even though the EE Handbook states everyone will receive one). My performance was consistantly recognized as Superior being I received continuous awards and recognition as one of the top 100 stores in the nation out of almost 1,000.

Since these two demotions I have been told (by superior sources who feel I've been wronged) that my demotions were for the reason of an anonymous suggestion my wife sent to corporate via their customer's website, (and they had to have hacked our home pc to know who sent it) and they "took it as 'malicious' and it ruined me". The VP's stated, "Make him go away". The content of the suggestion was merely expressing mine and co-workers views on a once a year event and not malicious or even mean in any form or manner. They demoted me within 1 week of the time frame that she sent the anonymous suggestion for me. There was no information given as to who she was, who I was, or even our location state.

Do I have a case for Discrimination, Invasion of Privacy, and/or Retaliation or anything else? My wages were decreased by $2,000 annually and loss of potential bonuses equaling up to $1,100 per month with the first demotion, this 2nd demotion they told me "we don't want to damage you". I believe they are trying to get me to quit. Another co-worker in the same position I held, who is African-American and a very close friend of mine, tells me he feels it's wrong as well and wants to testify on my behalf. He was just put on an action plan to correct issues of his performance, and given a specified time period to do so. They are definitely going after me, in many other ways than I care to go in to here...

Someone told me, "You have no rights, you're a white man under 40". Is this true?? I am sick and stressed out over all this and am having problems getting employment elsewhere probably due to now I'm back at entry level instead of my executive level previously held. PLEASE HELP?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">