• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was my firing legal or not you tell me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dick

After 12yrs of service I was terminated with no warning.
I was never written up in those 12yrs,On 4/30/01 I took a
vacation for my birthday & said I was staying home to relax
and play with my kids.The next day I was let go.My ex-employer said it was coming for a long time & that he was warning me for a long time,thats B.S. because another worker said he was P.Oed because I said I was staying home
to relax(my vacation day).I was also replaced by someone who
is making alot less then I was.Is this legal? Am I entitled
to some severence pay or can I sue due to illegal firing
practices?There must be some sort of law against this inhumane behavior?If not God help the working masses!

Waiting a reply in New York
A working stiff

B

buddy2bear

Unfortunately, unless you are a member of a union or have an employment contract, you can be fired for no reason or any reason. That is called at-will, and yes, "God help the working stiffs." Hopefully, if the working stiffs get fed up enough with what is going on, they will stop screaming about it and start organizing their workplaces -- unions are still of some use to ordinary people contrary to what a lot of (brainwashed) people think.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">