• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my girlfriend made a sex tape two year ago and was just firied today

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

azeem

What is the name of your state? ohio
my girl friend made a sex tape 2 years and was fired today for it, the employer told her that it was make the rest of the employes uncomfotable
can the employer fire her for this ? she work as a bartender

S

seniorjudge

BelizeBreeze said:
He sure can fire her ass...and the rest of her dangling parts also.
Not so fast there, pard. I think we ought to take a look at this here tape before we start making judgments.

rmet4nzkx

seniorjudge said:
Not so fast there, pard. I think we ought to take a look at this here tape before we start making judgments.
I just know one of you guy's would insist on examining the evidence :rolleyes:

Beth3

Actually, I'm not so sure they can fire her. Some States prohibit "discrimination" in employment practices for engaging in lawful activities off-duty. I don't know if Ohio is one of those but azeem's girlfriend may contact Ohio's DOL and inquire.

Azeem, if your GF was passing the tape around work or sharing it specifically with her co-workers that is inappropriate and firing her was lawful. If they fired her solely because they became aware she made an adult film, that may be another.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">