• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My job or my children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Flores

I called in for a meeting with my supervisor about being absent too many time from work and I was creating a burden/hardship to my co-workers. Okay the times that I took off from work I called in to notify Lead Teacher who is the designee of the center, and explained the reason way I could not work that day. Reasons way; my child is sick or I’m sick and can’t come in. (They knew when my children were sick or myself) All the times that I missed I follow the guidelines of the personnel Manuel. The most that I missed when I called in was maximum of 2 days (it was one time only other days missed was one day and the next day I was back at work) which in the personnel manuel says you can missed up to 2 days and not have a doctors note. Which I always had for all the days I missed out. I was told that I can’t missed work if my children are sick or myself sick, because it has created a burden or hardship on my co-workers. I was not told of this situation in an oral warning I was told in a written warning. Which I had to sign and have a follow up in December to see if I missed any more work day. I was also told I had to plan when I get sick or my children to let them know in advance in addition I have to find child care for my children when they get sick so I can be at work. I did not agree with the written warning and expressed that very clearly but I signed anyway. The supervisor also said this is not going into my records at all.
Question here is I have pick my children or my job. Can a supervisor get away with this? or can I do something about it? I feel very ofended by this she is putting me in a spot, and if I have to choose it will be my children. But I still feel that she can't do this, what can I do. HELP!!!

F

Flores

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flores:
I called in for a meeting with my supervisor about being absent too many time from work and I was creating a burden/hardship to my co-workers. Okay the times that I took off from work I called in to notify Lead Teacher who is the designee of the center, and explained the reason way I could not work that day. Reasons way; my child is sick or I’m sick and can’t come in. (They knew when my children were sick or myself) All the times that I missed I follow the guidelines of the personnel Manuel. The most that I missed when I called in was maximum of 2 days (it was one time only other days missed was one day and the next day I was back at work) which in the personnel manuel says you can missed up to 2 days and not have a doctors note. Which I always had for all the days I missed out. I was told that I can’t missed work if my children are sick or myself sick, because it has created a burden or hardship on my co-workers. I was not told of this situation in an oral warning I was told in a written warning. Which I had to sign and have a follow up in December to see if I missed any more work day. I was also told I had to plan when I get sick or my children to let them know in advance in addition I have to find child care for my children when they get sick so I can be at work. I did not agree with the written warning and expressed that very clearly but I signed anyway. The supervisor also said this is not going into my records at all.
Question here is I have pick my children or my job. Can a supervisor get away with this? or can I do something about it? I feel very ofended by this she is putting me in a spot, and if I have to choose it will be my children. But I still feel that she can't do this, what can I do. HELP!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">