• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aviator

What is the name of your state? NJ is the state.

A few of my collegues were fired in the last few days because of a rumor going around about management receiving an excessive bonus over Christmas and employees receiving nothing. I'm being called in tomorrow for a "meeting" which is what my collegues were told prior to be fired. Any ideas what to do or say or what my right are going in? This is an aviation company if that helps. thank you

seniorjudge

aviator said:

A few of my collegues were fired in the last few days because of a rumor going around about management receiving an excessive bonus over Christmas and employees receiving nothing. I'm being called in tomorrow for a "meeting" which is what my collegues were told prior to be fired. Any ideas what to do or say or what my right are going in? This is an aviation company if that helps. thank you
Q: Any ideas what to do or say or what my right are going in?

A: Tell the truth.

Legally Yours

aviator said:

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can, and will, be used against you during the meeting. You have the right to an attorney and for that attorney to be present during all questioning. If you do not have money for an attorney, one will not be assigned to you and you're on your own.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">