• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mystery Shoppers question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

California

I work for Kinko's copies they have Mystery Shoppers. I received a call from one of them and I was asked if we could get some printing work done in a (reasonable amount of time) what the job was, I said I did not know I said I will ask my manager and she no we could not do that type of job in that time frame, so I told that person we could not do that, so he said thank you and hung up. Well I all most got fired, I got written up for that, but what I did not know they were recording our conversation. Kinko's has a rule book we go by and it states there are Mystery Shoppers who will do that, but the rule book does not say we will be recording our conversation.
My question is can they recording conversation with out me knowing that. Is that not against
the law?

BelizeBreeze

California

I work for Kinko's copies they have Mystery Shoppers. I received a call from one of them and I was asked if we could get some printing work done in a (reasonable amount of time) what the job was, I said I did not know I said I will ask my manager and she no we could not do that type of job in that time frame, so I told that person we could not do that, so he said thank you and hung up. Well I all most got fired, I got written up for that, but what I did not know they were recording our conversation. Kinko's has a rule book we go by and it states there are Mystery Shoppers who will do that, but the rule book does not say we will be recording our conversation.
My question is can they recording conversation with out me knowing that.
yes
Is that not against
the law?
no, it is not against the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">