• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

N.J. reciprocity laws?Manicurist only

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tasja

What is the name of your state?New Jersey
PLEASE inform me on what to do.i HAVE A Virginia license but want a N.J. one so I can practice here.Upon going to the board for an application alot of confusing things came about.The requirement for manicurist is in their book statue 45;5B-22 1.demonstrate high school
2.complete 300 hours
3.approved program
4.license in nj
5.another foreign state if currical is substantially similiar
6.take exam and pass
HOWEVER I dont think that all should apply to my Va. license coming here.I recieved my license in july of 2004 straight from school I thought I could continue my education and get experience in the field not retest like my Va. license wasnt worked for.
HOWEVER-the application they gave me speaks about cosmetology board of barber eaminers and beauty culture control merged with board of cosmetology and hair and the new law cannot allow them to issue liscense but 2 oppurtunities to take a test on services within the definition of barber which are not encompassed within the definition of beauty culture.If pass the exam you will be issued a license in cosmetologist/hair from barber beauty culture license.If fail the exam you cannot take another until completing a course in shaving.Give up 2 photos ss number physician note to note no disease,proof of 1200 hours of beauty culture training or affidavit of 3 years experience,and a certification letter from where u completed your training with 110. dollars.20 for temp permit.
SO in all this is it sensible can I get a nj manicurist license soley on reciprocity? [1200 vs.300 ,retesting, 3 years experience mandate] ---without this mixed up stuff

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This has nothing to do with employment laws. This is a licensing issue.

I have no idea, and I doubt that anyone else here does either, whether or not the NJ licensing board will allow you reciprocity on the basis of your VA license. The only way to find out is to ask them.

If they will, fine. If they won't, then you will have to go through the licensing requirements whether you think it makes sense or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">