• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name,address,phone,dob,ss#

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kanutter

What is the name of your state? TTennessee

This may not be the right section for this.

I work for a non profit organization, funded by the state. I was required to take a state medication training course that my employer set up. I go take the course, then I find out that my personal information ,that I had filled out on the day of the course, along with my test scores were mailed to a residential address not my employer. Would this be considered a Hippa violation?

Beth3

What do you mean when you say "mailed to a residential address"? Did they send it to your address or did it get mailed to some John Doe?

then I find out that my personal information If by personal information you mean your name, address, phone number, etc., that is not protected information under HIPAA or anything else.

along with my test scores Are you referring to medical lab reports or do you basically mean your grades? If the later, they're not protected by HIPAA or any other laws.

Subject to further information, HIPAA has nothing to do with the situation you describe.

kanutter

no they were not mailed to my residence they were mailed to a person that called me and told me they had my information. medication training is not labs, it is a school.
guess what you are saying is there is no protection for mailing out personal information on someone.

Beth3

There's no statutory protection. If you experience damages as a result of the school's negligence (such as identity theft), then you'll need to talk to a local attorney to see if you have the basis for a suit against the school/company.

pattytx

Is it possible that it was just a typo? 123 Main St. instead of 124 Main St. Was it addressed to your name?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">