• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The necessity of a job description

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MBlois

The issue concerns the job description. It was my understanding that a job description was a requirement at the time of employment. How is it possible for a manager to give a fair annual evaluation of an employee if a job description was never provided to the employee at the time employee was hired? The job description should delineate the specifics required by the position as well as expectations, and or competency level/training requirements. If a job description is not presented to the employee at the time of employment - how can a manager provide an evaluation of that employee in a fair, reasonable and equitable manner. I thought a job description was required by fair labor law - not an option.

BelizeBreeze

MBlois said:
Im sorry I don't quite understand, I believe I entered the state of Arizona when I logged on.
Then put it in your post. There is a question in every post that you have to PURPOSELY delete and it asks for your state. Please remedy this

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your understanding is incorrect. While there are many good reasons to have a formal, written job description, there is no legal requirement that one ever be provided, let alone at the initial time of employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">