• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jjones29

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was hired for a job at cash express and the district manager said she would have to run a credit check but it doesn't mean anything unless you have filed bankruptcy. i told her i had just filed, she stepped outside to use the phone and came back in and told me she couldn't hire because of the bankruptcy. it's not me it's corporate they don't want to do the paperwork, she then told me she had one manager who had filed bankruptcy, called her name. I told her I had just filed it hadn't even gone to court yet and that there would be no wage assingment because I mail the payment myself.
is this grounds for a lawsuit???

O

oberauerdorf

You have GOT to be kidding?

This is Extreme Fishing without a lick of bait.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jjones29 said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was hired for a job at cash express and the district manager said she would have to run a credit check but it doesn't mean anything unless you have filed bankruptcy. i told her i had just filed, she stepped outside to use the phone and came back in and told me she couldn't hire because of the bankruptcy. it's not me it's corporate they don't want to do the paperwork, she then told me she had one manager who had filed bankruptcy, called her name. I told her I had just filed it hadn't even gone to court yet and that there would be no wage assingment because I mail the payment myself.
is this grounds for a lawsuit???

My response:

Your post barely makes any sense. Is "WHAT" grounds for a lawsuit?

Now, rewrite it, and slow down. Use complete sentences.

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If your question is, can I sue them for refusing to hire me on account of my bankrupcy, the answer is, no, you cannot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">