• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NickNite

I work for a major, national corporation. I have been there for 4 months, going on 5. Recently, management announced cutbacks on our hours due to payment constraints, and told us to pick up the pace in order to guaruntee our hours. I had already been one of the top producers in my area, but decided it would be smart to pick up the pace regardless. I was hired as full time, and now I work 20 hours a week, if I'm lucky. In fact, I was scheduled for 12 this week, none next week. When I asked my manager about the situation, he replies with "Be patient, I'm disgusted at the schedule too." However, he's the one who makes the schedule. I understand he only has a set few hours to give out, however this is getting frustrating because I need to find another job, and I'm going to, but I would like to stay on at my current job. I've expressed this numerous times, and as I stated, on paper I'm the best person they have in my area. Are there any rights I have at all? Or am I just stuck looking for another job, and forced to quit?

pattytx

You're stuck looking for another job that can provide you with the hours you need. If the work isn't there for the original hours, it isn't there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">