• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ssutfin

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I work for a company that publishes video games. I am a lower lever game tester. Reciently a few things have happened in my life that are making this job almost impossible to do. The first thing is my back. I am a veteran and am considered disabled under their terms due to a severe back injury. Sitting for long periods of time are making the pain worse than usual. The second is my boss has singled me out because of my injury and the fact that I have to go to doctor ordered physical theropy 2 to 3 times per week. He is constantly berating me and my wife about our personal issues and is demanding my medical records as proof. The company is not willing to work with me on this issue and has threatened to fire me if I miss so many days. The last is the hours and commute to get to the location where I work. It takes an hour to get there and an hour to get home. Now this wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt for my back. Because of all this I put in for a resignation. I was then told that I would have to pay over 6000.00 to the company if I resign or if I am fired because I didnt complete the agreed two years that they agreed to hire me for. I have been working for this company since february of 2005 but was moved from an office in another state to Illinois in March of 2007. I was under the impression that this was one company but it is my understanding that they are considering this office a "different company because its in a different state". Is there anyway that I can resign from this company and not have them charge me for it? I am having to take FMLA just to attend my drs appointments. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

pattytx

And "having" to take FMLA for your medical appointments means that the company cannot discipline you for those absences. It's not a bad thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">