• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice bad !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

koda68

What is the name of your state? minnesota, is it ok for an employer to share the results of a drug test or is that private info? people that don't work there this year know the results and I did not tell themm apparently alot of people at this co. know my test results I thought that kind of thing had to be kept confidential should I hire a lawyer? do I have some kind of case? i'm in a tight knit industry , how will I expect to find work after this? thank you for any help in advance, Dave

moburkes

What is the name of your state? minnesota, is it ok for an employer to share the results of a drug test or is that private info? people that don't work there this year know the results and I did not tell themm apparently alot of people at this co. know my test results I thought that kind of thing had to be kept confidential should I hire a lawyer? do I have some kind of case? i'm in a tight knit industry , how will I expect to find work after this? thank you for any help in advance, Dave
No, there is no need to hire a lawyer. In this tight knit industry, how did you get caught by failing a drug test, if you were so worried about being able to get/maintain a job?

Gadfly

As more and more employers are putting drug testing into place the employee with half a brain would know NOT to do drugs. You made the decision to do something that is illegal. Now you'll have to pay the consequences. :(

Beth3

Are we to assume that you were terminated as a result of failing a drug test? You are assuming that members of management "spread the word" about what occurred. It's possible that people just guessed correctly (which happens surprisingly often) and the rumor mill spread it about. If contacted for a reference, your employer is free to tell prospective employers why you no longer work there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">