• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice in hurry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bunnycher

State Louisiana I am needing help in seeing if i can collect from someone i helped in a business get started and worked for her. i didn't charge her for alot of days i worked,also bought things to help keep the cost of things down, did work outside of bartending so she wouldn't have to hire outside workers, she and her husband let me run the place and wasn't hardly ever there. for the days i did charge for, she would only give me a little of it because she didn't have it then, I kept my books on all of it. she owes me 1666.00, and her husband had told me that if she owed me the money he would pay me, but couldn't cause he didn't have it at the time. if i charged her for everything i did she would owe me about 3000.00 dollars. is there any way i might could collect from her?

L

loku

What your rights are depend on whether you were an employee or an independent contractor (go to http://employment-law.freeadvice.com/employee_contractor.htm for a discussion of the factors used in making the determination). Assuming
you are an independent contractor, then she owes you the money because she agreed to pay you for your help and you helped her.

You can sue her in Small Claims court for the money. You can bring the case by yoursel without an attorney and the filing fee is minimal. The books you kept will be excellent evidence. I suggest you go to our material on small claims on our home page. Read that, then go to our State Law Center and you can get specific forms and info from the small claims court in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">