• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

funkymonkey

What is the name of your state?Oklahoma My husband was layed off by his trucking company due to lack of freight. He had no issues at work that would make him a bad employ and he was told when work picks up he would be recalled. Business has since picked up and we think he has saw a new employ driving one of the company trucks. Is there a law that my husband should have been the first to be recalled back to work.

Beth3

Is there a law that my husband should have been the first to be recalled back to work. No. Nor is there any law that would prohibit your husband from calling the company and expressing his interest in returning to work as soon as they have a suitable opening.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless he had a contract that specifically says otherwise, the company has no legal obligation to recall him to work first or ever. They are free to fill the positions with new employees rather than recalled ones if they choose to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">