• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need an answer ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lynr

Two weeks ago this past Friday, I was given my annual review along with a raise which was reflected on that payday. A week later, I put in my 2 weeks notice. I just received my most recent paycheck this past Friday....my employer paid me by my previous payrate. I have not confronted my employer on this yet, and want to know what my rights are before I do. I do not have any written proof of my hourly wages other than the paycheck stubs. If my employer is unwilling to compensate me for the difference in pay, I plan to terminate my employment immediately (one week short of my original last day)....can I get in legal trouble as far as abandonment reasons?

Thank you for anyone that can help me....

B

buddy2bear

Unless you have an employment agreement, you are at-will. That means that they can terminate you for any reason or no reason and you can quit for any reason or no reason. When you apply for another job and they ask why you left, you can now say "paycheck irregularities."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">