• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Answer Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeff69

Please give me advice. I was terminated from my job because I used the internet. I have to access the internet once in a while for my work but I also browse the internet to go to my yahoo e-mail account and also other sites while working. Even though I always finish my work I was fired because of it. My boss had somebody hack into my computer at work and install a hacking program that records everything I do in my computer and every letter key that I type in my computer and also every application that I open. Because of that, my personal internet account passwords such as my yahoo e-mail accounts were recorded and I have reason to believe that the person who hacked into my computer used one or more of my passwords to gain access to my personal accounts. My personal e-mails that I wrote were also recorded and I have proofs. I also have reason to believe that my boss fired me not because of my internet activity but because he wanted somebody else who has an impressive resume which I had access to before I was fired. Do I have grounds to sue for wrongful termination and invasion of privacy? Please I need some advice.

racer72

The computer does not belong to you, it belongs to your employer. He has the legal right to know what the computer is being used for and why. You have no grounds to sue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">